Thursday, February 9, 2012

Journal Entry #4

This field trip was interesting, despite my familiarity with the downtown Fort Myers area. I have indeed walked around the artsy area on several occasions, peeking into windows at various clothing boutiques, being enticed by the aromas of different restaurants, and admiring the works of art through storefront windows. Much of this, if I'm being truthful, while on the hunt for a cold beer.

Obviously, we were not searching for drinks on this feild trip-- though some of us confessed to having them on the mind. Regardless, what we found was something different: history (and one really cool bar.)

I especially enjoyed the older theatre, and the various indoor shops, which provided me with the rustic vibes I have personally been devoid of since my arrival to Naples. Having become accustomed to luxury and modernity, it was really a pleasure to be thrust back into such a different environment, one which felt like returning home for a New Englander. There were older buildings and brick walkways, abound with simplicity. It was great to visit such a very artistic and intellectual meeting ground.


I really enjoyed the experience, and would love to go back and take the time to look around more, when everything is open. This time, I will be on the lookout for coffee gelato, rather than Sam Adams. Maybe.


Watermelon and blueberry microbrews.

No comments:

Post a Comment