Thursday, April 26, 2012

Journal Entry #10 Final Impressions

I have really enjoyed this class. I have seen such interesting places, all representing the unique Florida environment. I also am happy that people are learning more about conservation and respecting, thus protecting the environment through this course. I loved the content of the course, as well as the experiences out in the natural environment: even the swamp! How many people can say they've seen the swamp from that angle? I'm grateful for the experience, and would never have done that on my own, as much as I love my nature walks (which usually have boardwalks).

One thing I found difficult to do was present. I am a much better writer than presenter, and commiunicate easier and more eloquently through written word rather than vocalization. I have extreme anxiety about it and simply could not get past the attacks brought on by this phobia, although I felt very comfortable with this group of classmates. So I am sorry that I could not rise above that and complete the required assignment: I was literally in tears all day and simply could not shake it, so it's a little odd and extreme, in my case.

I would give people an option to write a paper, or do something else. I regret that my grade will not be a good one, as much as I enjoyed this class. I simply cannot get past the phobia, and I've accepted it about myself. I won't be looking into a career of that nature, so I just don't see why students are forced to do it. I realize that the curriculum is likely out of your hands, so I guess I am just using this time to apoligize for my failure to do a presentation. It's important to me that professor's know that I respect and appreciate their courses, which I truly do.

Other than that personal concern with the course, I think it's been great. Thank you for the knowledge you've given us, as well as exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment